1998-2000, San Francisco, CA, Co-Founder, CTO
- Co-designed and wrote a three-tier Java/HTML/SilverStream application to manage the hiring process for beta customer Siebel Systems. Product modeled a closed-loop hiring process, akin to a sales process. Company sold to Extensity in August 2000.
1996-1998, San Francisco, CA, Senior Software Engineer
- Developed major areas of Fresco, 3-tier web-deployment Java database development tool. Contributed to 3 major releases. Reported and fixed over 200% more bugs than any other developer. Fresco named a 1997 JavaWorld finalist for application development tools.
1994-1996, San Francisco, CA, Senior Associate, Research Department
- Quantitative investment research programming.
- Designed and developed portfolio analysis software for taxable accounts. Program calculated tax impact of hypothetical trades. $400 million (5/99) invested in strategy.
- Established technology infrastructure of the research department, including C++ object libraries, a generic application framework, and data warehouses of global financial data.
- Conducted research on currency hedging, tactical asset allocation, and stock selection.
1999, Consultant to Asset Allocation Department
- Gathered requirements, designed, and wrote a global asset allocation performance reporting system, using PowerBuilder and Sybase. Conducted an exhaustive functional requirement analysis and process inventory for global asset allocation.
ACI (now called 4D)
1993 ACI US Cupertino, CA, Database Programming Instructor (4D)
1991-1992, Boston, MA, Investment Applications Programmer
- Analyzed, designed, developed, and implemented portfolio management databases, fund management reports, and institutional trading systems using 4th Dimension.